Telangana state’s budget for the year 2017-18 has been introduced today in the state’s Assembly by Finance minister Etala Rajendar. The budget allotted has been Rs 1,49,646 crores and the expenditure estimated has been Rs 61,607.20 crores. The state’s finance minister informed the house that the state’s achievement has come up by 19.61%. Here are the major highlights of Telangana’s budget:
- Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) gets Rs 1000 crores for the development of the capital.
- The second largest corportation Warangal has been allotted Rs 300 crores.
- Etala revealed that the rural areas have been in focus by the government. The backward classes have been allotted massive budget for their welfare and the development in their familities.
- Mission Bhagiradha and drinking water will get Rs 3000 crores across the state.
- Rs 252.89 crores have been allocated for Information Technology Department. Expenditure in schemes get Rs 88, 038 crores.
- Rs 25,000 crores have been allotted for the irrigation leads and Rs 17,000 crores for the waiver scheme of the loans of Telangana farmers.
- SC, ST welfare funds that are not spent last year will be forwarded to this year.
- Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya, double bedroom houses, KG to PG free education and electricity for all have been discussed by the state’s cabinet in the presence of Chief Minister KCR.