Quick and easy to make this sandwich is both filling and flavorful. Loaded with cheddar cheese, you can treat yourself with this one on cheat days.
Prep time- 20 Min
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion or chives
- Pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- 3/4 ounce Cabot Sharp Cheddar, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 3 tablespoons)
- Fresh spinach leaves
- About 3 thin slices tomato
- Cooking spray
- 1 multigrain or whole wheat “sandwich thin” or English muffin, split, or two slices bread
1. In small bowl, whisk together egg, green onion or chives, salt and pepper. Have cheese, spinach and tomato ready to go.
2. Lightly coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat (or regular skillet with about 2 teaspoons olive oil). When skillet is hot, start toasting sandwich thin, English muffin or bread in toaster.
3. Pour egg mixture into skillet; let cook until set, pushing any uncooked egg to edges. With spatula, fold over edges of egg “pancake” to fit bread you are using.
4. Flip egg over and top with cheese. Turn off heat under pan, cover egg with pan lid or piece of foil and let stand for about a minute until cheese is melted.
5. Place on top of bottom toast slice. Top with spinach, tomato slices and remaining toast.
Also Read: Orange Bread & Butter Pudding
BY M.DIVYA SRI