WHO Suspends Hydroxychloroquine Trials For Coronavirus:- The World Health Organization (WHO) suspended the use of hydroxychloroquine for the trials of coronavirus and their patients. On Monday, WHO halted the clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine for treating the patients of coronavirus. The announcement was made after the Lancet medical journal said from observation as they conducted an analysis on 1950443798096 and chloroquine along with their effects on the patients of coronavirus. The World Health Organization suspended all the trials after this development considering the safety of the coronavirus patients.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that they had a temporary pause of hydroxychloroquine usage. It has been over two months that WHO initiated the solidarity trial. On April 19th this year, Donald Trump, the President of United States said that he had been taking hydroxychloroquine which is used for the treatment of coronavirus. WHO said that 400 hospitals across 35 countries of the globe are recruiting patients and 3500 patients got enrolled from 17 countries for testing the drug. The Lancet journal conducted a survey across 96,000 patients.
(Video Source: INQUIRER.net)