Huge Security Lapse After Modi Remains Stuck On A Flyer For 20 Minutes

January 05, 2022 16:26
Huge Security Lapse After Modi Remains Stuck On A Flyer For 20 Minutes

(Image source from:

Huge Security Lapse After Modi Remains Stuck On A Flyer For 20 Minutes:- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi had to cancel his event in Punjab today after he remained stuck on a flyover for more than 20 minutes because of the protests against him. The Union Home Ministry called it a major security breach and it even turned out to be a conflict between the Centre and the government of Punjab that is ruled by Congress. Narendra Modi returned back to the Bathinda airport after the incident and the Union Home Ministry issued an official statement calling it as the failure of the Punjab government. "The PM was stuck on a flyover for 15-20 minutes. This was a major lapse in the security of PM," told the Home Ministry.

Narendra Modi had to address a rally in Ferozpur and Union Minister Mansukh Mandaviya announced to the crowds that his visit got cancelled without revealing the reason. Modi landed in Bathinda airport today to visit National Martyrs Memorial at Hussainiwala. Due to the poor visibility and rain, Modi cancelled his chopper plans and traveled on road. He waited for 20 minutes and proceeded by road after all the security arrangements made by the DGP of Punjab. After PM's convoy reached the flyover, the road was blocked by the protestors and it was not cleared. Soon after this, Modi canceled his plans and returned back to the airport.

Narendra Modi's plan was communicated well to the government of Punjab. Punjab government has to deploy additional security but they were not arranged. The Union Home Ministry sought a detailed report from the government of Punjab against the incident. BJP chief JP Nadda hit out at Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi. "It is sad that PM's visit to launch development projects worth thousands of crores for Punjab was disrupted... State Police was instructed to prevent people from attending the rally...CM Channi refused to get on phone to either address the matter or solve it," posted Nadda.

If you enjoyed this Post, Sign up for Newsletter

(And get daily dose of political, entertainment news straight to your inbox)

Rate This Article
(0 votes)