(Image source from: Gadgets.ndtv.com)
Zoom App Not A Safe Platform Says Home Ministry:- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs today warned that the Zoom app that is majorly used for video-conferencing is not safe to use. The Zoom app is used popularly for meeting over a video call and it turned quite popular across the globe. With the lockdown implemented all over, most of them are using Zoom app to communicate for professional use. Several countries like Germany, Taiwan and Singapore banned Zoom app. " Zoom is a not a safe platform," the Cyber Coordination Centre (CyCord) of the ministry of home affairs said in a new 16-page advisory.
The Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-in) warned the country over the security issues against the Zoom app. The app has significant weaknesses and is quite easy for cyber attacks and the sensitive information can be leaked through Zoom app. Soon the Ministry of Home Affairs warned the users informing about the safety of Zoom app. The MHA asked the users to follow several guidelines for safety purposes. Here are the new guidelines:
- Create a new User Id and password in case of a meeting.
- Create a waiting room in the app and the user can enter the meeting only after the host gives permission.
- Disable join feature before hosting so that no one makes their entry.
- Allow the screen sharing option only with the host.
- Disable the option of 'Allow removed participants to re-join.
- Restrict or Disable the option of File Transfer.
- Lock the meeting after all the members are joined.
- Restrict the feature of recording.
- End the meeting once you are done.