These heavenly brownies are pure chocolate overload, featuring a fudgy center, slightly crusty top and layers of decadence. It doesn't get better than this.
Prep time- 50 min
1 cup of salted butter
3 cup of dark chocolate
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
½ cup of sugar
1 Tbsp of vanilla essence (optional)
⅓ rd cup of flour
1 tsp espresso powder
Confectioner's sugar for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees C.
2. In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate until smooth.
3. Add vanilla essence. Then sprinkle in the cocoa and sugar, and stir.
4. Remove from heat, and allow the batter to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in the eggs, one at a time.
6. Gently add flour until halfway incorporated and stir. Then add espresso powder.
7. Pour batter into a greased 8 inch square baking tin.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees C.
9. When the buzzer goes off, open the oven and gently shake the tin. If the brownie wobbles in the middle, it's not quite done. Bake for another 5 minutes until the top has a shiny crust and the sides are just beginning to come away from the tin. Take out of the oven.
10. Leave the brownies in the tin until completely cold. Then, cut into squares, top it off with confectioner's sugar and dig in.
Also Read: Recipes with Left Over Dal
BY M. DIVYA SRI