(Image source from: Twitter.com/ANI)
200 ill after gas leaks in Visakhapatnam SEZ:- Around 200 women workers fell ill in the Atchutapuram SEZ in Visakhapatnam yesterday after an ammonia gas leak from an industrial unit. Panic started after the workers began to vomit and gasp for breath. More than two dozen ambulances rushed to the spot to shift the victims to the hospitals. The mishap took place after a fire accident happened in the industrial unit. 200 women complained of nausea and breathlessness after they inhaled ammonia. They are rushed to various hospitals in the city and are kept in emergency medical care. The gas leaked from Porus Industries is just away from SEZ. Most of the victims are from Chodavaram, Anakapalli and Rambilli regions.
Andhra Pradesh | Around 30 women workers fell sick after a gas leaked from Porus laboratories Pvt Ltd company in Atchutapuram, Visakhapatnam. At present all workers' health is stable, no casualties reported. We're carrying out the investigation: SP Gowthami Sali pic.twitter.com/3dioEToaMY— ANI (@ANI) June 3, 2022
The doctors revealed that their health condition is completely stable. The leak took place at 2:15 PM and the firefighters rushed to the spot to bring things to control. AP Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy ordered a probe in the incident and he directed the officials to provide better treatment for the impacted. AP Industries Minister Gudivada Amarnath has been asked to visit the accident site. Eight people are undergoing treatment in KGH and the others were discharged told the minister. The second shift in and around Porus Industries have been canceled. An inquiry has been initiated. All the women who fell sick were working for Seeds Company in Brandixx SEZ.
(Video Source: NTV Telugu)