In a tragic incident, a fire accident occurred in the heart of Hindupur town in Anantapur district on Monday. In this accident a local fire officer, two cops of the fire department and four other persons were severly injured.
According to the police, Buchamma, was a resident of Bhaskarapanthulu Veedhi of Fort area in Hindupur town.
On Monday morning, she lit lamps for pooja. In this process, she did not notice a piece of cloth which started burning and this led to flames spreading in the house.
Buchamma brother G. Ramamohan who resides next door smelt the smoke and pulled out his sister and in the process suffered burn injuries.
His family members Nagamani, Kumar and also three-year-old Shalini came out of their house following the wide spread of flames from Buchamma's residence.
The locals alerted the fire crew as Hindupur fire officer K. Aswat-hanarayana and constables B. Srinivasulu and M. Harinath Reddy rushed to the spot.
They immediately started dousing the flames. When they were putting off the flames, a gas cylinder suddenly exploded from Buchamma's house and blew off the roof of the house.
The three were thrown off due to the explosion. Fire officer Aswathanaryana, constables Srinivasulu and Harinath Reddy suffered injuries in the incident.
Similarly, Saleem Khan, a resident in the street who voluntarily assisted them also sustained burn injuries due to gas cylinder explosion.
All the seven fire crew members suffered serious burn injuries. The fire crew despite the serious injuries averted a major mishap preventing the spreading of flames to the neighbouring houses.
Residents from the adjacent houses took out the gas cylinder from the houses. District area hospital superintendent Dr. Kesavulu said the victims were referred to a Bengaluru hospital due to serious head injuries.
Also Read: Fire Accident at Electronic scrap godown in Falaknuma
BY M. DIVYA SRI